Vote of thanks to John Hadley ?Computer Group Leader…….

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums Computer and Information Technology Vote of thanks to John Hadley ?Computer Group Leader…….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Vote of thanks to John Hadley ?Computer Group Leader……. :'(

A vote of thanks and with sincere appreciation to John Hadley for leading the Pembrokeshire U3A Computer Group for the last fifteen years.
    Although a personal message I am sure the sentiments will be supported by the overwhelming majority of U3A Computer Group attendees both past and present. His leadership was always well balanced and informative and receptive to the wide range of computer related, often user induced, problems however mundane and basic since it was a real problem to the questioner. Like many others I often admired John?s patience when trying to help with problems and difficulties and he was especially tolerant and genuinely interested with us less than competent PC and laptop users.

Rather than fifteen years as Group Leader it must often have seemed more like thirty many a time when the well honed demonstration(s) John had conscientiously prepared fell apart at the meetings, which often increased the benefit to the onlookers, making one think it was all part of John?s ?master plan!!? to help people become more user friendly with their computer soft- and hard-ware. This was also prior to the broadband connection days at Neyland which made life doubly difficult for his demonstrations.  I remember when John eventually made connection to the Internet via his internet dongle at one of the Neyland U3A meetings and I do not think he could have been happier if someone had given him a thousand pounds.

As with most volunteering  efforts the majority of the work is not seen by the beneficiaries. The number of  behind the scene hours John must have spent in preparation and follow up from the meetings, ably supported by Julie I am sure, was truly commendable and this does not include the numerous one to one assistances he gave to many members with their computer and related problems and set ups.

John deserves a well earned and overdue rest from the leadership duties and we are much the worse off for the loss but which is totally understood and grateful for the time he afforded to our benefit. Best wishes and health and happiness to John et al  on his frequent holidays in some exotic clime or at home in Newgale, which is now connected to the broadband network much to John?s satisfaction, and we wish him all the best.
    Many Thanks John.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.