Sponsored Walk: "Lurcher Link" 8th September

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums General Chatty Stuff & How to live with Coronavirus! Sponsored Walk: "Lurcher Link" 8th September

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    My husband, Tony, and I are going to take part in
    A SPONSORED WALK
    At Escot Park, Ottery St Mary, Devon
    on 8th September

penny1.jpg
    Our dogs Lucy and Flash are both rescue dogs and they will be walking with 998 other sighthounds!

We will be walking to raise funds for  Lurcher Link – who rescue, rehabilitate and rehome lurchers.
    They also act as a point of contact for other rescues, dog wardens, vets, stray centres and the public. Many lurchers are destroyed every week because stray pounds have no room for them and Lurcher Link offers an internet forum to find both foster and forever homes for some of these poor dogs; many of whom have been abused and mistreated before being thrown onto the streets to fend for themselves.
    We are also  helping to create a new world record for getting 1000 sighthounds together ! (Sighthounds are greyhounds, lurcher, whippets, deerhounds and other hounds that hunt by sight, rather than smell)

Please help by sponsoring us. I will be at the business meeting on Thursday 4th July with my sponsor form, or you can ring me or email me by [url=http://reedpenny@hotmail.com]CLICKING HERE[/url]

To find out more about Lurcher Link you can visit their website http://www.lurcher.org

penny2.jpg
    Robin and Molly are Lurcher Link dogs. Robin is being fostered and after 6 months is still waiting for his forever home. 
    penny3.jpg
    Tilly and Bear have both been adopted from Lurcher Link and now live in the Forest of Dean. 
    penny4.jpg
    Star has had 3 homes in 2 years through no fault of her own and is now in the care of Lurcher Link and is looking for a foster home or even better a forever home. 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.