So What Happens Next?

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums Opinion So What Happens Next?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The UK has voted and we're obviously leaving the EU. Tragic, in my opinion, but what do those of us who hate the idea and fear for the future of the UK & Europe do now?

We’ve got to face it, getting back into the heart of Europe will be a job for the youngsters – our children or even our grandchildren. But for now, I want to do something other than the feeling hopeless, and helpless – and just wearing my “Pembrokeshire For Europe” hoodie till it is dies in tatters.

I think we should direct our minds to openly and actively keeping alive the future prospect of the UK coming to its senses. Finding ways of expressing support for open and cooperative links with our fellow Europeans in as many areas as possible.

Whatever the BREXIT foisted upon us turns out to be, some sort of European Movement needs to be established. Not a political party, but a “ginger” group that can be home to all who believe in the European Project whatever their political leanings. In this way, keeping alive the prospect for a cooperative Europe that might one day include the UK at its heart once again.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.