Preseli Astronomy Group Solar Day

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums Astronomy Group Preseli Astronomy Group Solar Day

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi All

As you know we are not having an Astronomy Group meeting at Merlin’s Bridge this month and our next meeting there will be on Wednesday 5th September.  However, I mentioned that the Preseli Astronomy Group who meet in in Letterston hold an “Annual Solar Day” sometime during August.

Well I had the message below yesterday:
    “Just a quick reminder, there will be no meeting this month at Letterston, we will however be holding our annual solar day at Newgale Lifesavers Club on Saturday 11th, from midday onwards, weather permitting!”

Unfortunately, Rowena and I have arranged to be in Lampeter next Saturday so will not be able to attend.  Also, the weather forecast for Saturday is not good at the moment!  But, if the weather does permits, and you would like to take the opportunity to see the sun in all its glory, this is what I had in mind:  We would be meeting in the “Duke of Edinburgh” for a spot of lunch and a chat at around 12.30, before sharing cars or walking (save on parking charges) down to the public car park at Newgale for about 2.00pm for a look.  There is no reason at all why any of you could not still give it a try and either doing what I proposed or just going down to Newgale next Saturday afternoon.

See you all at the next meeting when John will be giving part 2 of his cosmology talk!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.