PCC older persons’ commissioning plan 2011 – 2016

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums Health and Well-being! PCC older persons’ commissioning plan 2011 – 2016

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I don't expect that many will be aware that the Council's cabinet recently approved a plan of how, and to what extent, social services are to be commisssioned from various providers of adult services. This has been referred for in-depth scrutiny by the Older persons' health and well-being committee. The report is availbale on the Council's web-site, on the Agenda for the Cabinet 17.10.2011 and the O & S committee for 17 November. This committee deferred consideration to  “workshop” which will not be open to the public, because there was so much to be considered. 

If anybody can understand the report, and more importantly, what it actually means for the provision of services to us in the short and medium terms, perhaps they could post their views.

I am not being “political”, and I understand that pressure from various sources, ageing population, restricted money etc are considerable and increasing. but I do have concerns that such choice that we have in how we are looked after is being shaped now.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.