Offer to Tutor Groups – Computers

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums U3A Pembrokeshire (Private Area) Offer to Tutor Groups – Computers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Geoffw

It was pointed out at the recent Open Meeting at the Albany Hall that there is a dearth of courses, inexpensive and suitable for U3A members who wish to revise or extend their basic ICT skills.

Well I do have a little experience in this area.  When I retired as Head of Prendergast Junior School in 1999, I spend a number of enjoyable years teaching adults in the College (Pembrokeshire) at a number of venues including their ?Shop? in the Riverside and Letterston.  Courses I ran included ?IT & a Cup of Tea?, ?Computers for the Terrified?, CLAIT and ECDL (European Computer Driving License).

Aspects I have covered included Windows & Your Computer, Computer Security, Word-processing, Spread sheets, Desktop Publishing, Simple Databases, Digital Photography and Your Computer (at an introductory level), Using the Internet,  communication skills (email) and creating a simple website (HTML).

I really have no inclination (or time) to ORGANISE courses, but if groups of U3A members would like a tutor and are prepared to organise themselves, decide what you want to learn and find a suitable venue with computers and a broadband connection ? get in touch and I'll see what I can do! 

Unlike the College, there would not certificate at the end, unless we print our own (Desktop Publishing), just the satisfaction of improving your skill in a friendly environment. :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.