Monday Walkers Xmas Lunch and 2013 Planning Meeting….

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums U3A Walkers Monday Walkers Xmas Lunch and 2013 Planning Meeting….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi all- the U3A Monday Walkers Xmas Lunch and 2013 Planning Meeting was held at the Neyland Athletic Club on Monday 10th December.
    Mrs. Helen Lewis-John as Group Leader outlined the prime objective of the meeting which was to assign walk leaders and if possible locations for the 2013 Walking season.
    The meeting was well attended with 41 Members
    Special emphasis was made to establish details of the Monday Walks in January and February so that the closing deadline for the U3A Newsletter could be met. Helen's incentive to generate walk leader volunteers was that without a full calendar for 2013 the Xmas Lunch would have to be postponed!!!- some blackmail Ha Ha
    This inducement motivated the attendees and the allocated dates were quickly filled with the exception of one or two at the end of the year.
    A discussion took place on making best use of the infrequent “5th” Monday months for possibly longer walks and a proposal was made for one of the dates to visit Llys y Fran Reservoir which was well received.
    Due to the inclement weather on the recent bus trip and visit to St Fagan's on the 11th November a second “try” in April 2013 was proposed and an encouraging number were interested.
    Helen made a mention as a thank you for special Monday Walk support during 2012 to Brian Griffiths and Ken Evans who have often stepped in for walks at short notice.

A vote of sincere thanks was made by Ken Evans to Helen as Group Leader for her dedicated and often unseen work over the past year and for her continued leadership into 2013 – this was warmly supported by the group.

Helen brought the meeting to a close and a very welcome Xmas Lunch was enjoyed by 41 diners.

Attach a few photos for you – apologies for the quality I could not raise my right shoulder high enough to focus!!!( thats my excuse).

Wishing you All a Very Happy Christmas and Best Wishes for a Healthy 2013. ;D ;D

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.