"Everyday Heroes" – Older People’s Commissioner for Wales

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums Health and Well-being! "Everyday Heroes" – Older People’s Commissioner for Wales

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Everyday Heroes
    everyday-heroes.jpg
    Every day across Wales, older people are making a huge contribution to our communities, often through caring, volunteering or childcare. It’s estimated that older people’s contribution is worth over £1bn a year to the economy in Wales and that’s why older people truly are everyday heroes!

But this amazing contribution often goes unseen or is overlooked. That’s why the Older People’s Commissioner for Wales wants to showcase Wales’s everyday heroes as part of a new campaign to challenge the myths and misconceptions about older people and the ageism they often face within society.

How can I get involved?

Getting involved is really simple – just send us a photo of yourself (or someone you know) together with some information about what you do that makes you an everyday hero – ideally held up on a sign in the photo – and your name, age and location. Here are a few examples:

“I volunteer for Action on Hearing Loss & Swansea Disabled Forum.”

“I design posters for my church and raise money for carers.”

“I pick my grandchildren up from school so my daughter can work full time.”

“I mow my neighbour’s lawn as he finds it difficult these day.”

It’s contributions like these, which keep our communities going, that make so many older people in Wales everyday heroes!

So don’t be modest and email your photos now to richard.jones@olderpeoplewales.com or post them to
    Everyday Heroes, FREEPOST RTHR-HYZC-RRAX, Older People’s Commissioner for Wales, Cambrian Buildings, Mount Stuart Square, Cardiff, CF10 5FL

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.