Driving Refresher Course

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums Exercise Your Brain Driving Refresher Course

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am writing with regard to our driver refresher course Drive for Life.  I was hoping you could include an article regarding the course into your newsletter,to help promote then course to your members.  I have posters or a pdf which could be included into the newsletter.

The course is aimed at the 65+ age range, for individuals who drive regularly and aims to cover all aspects of safer driving and refresh their driver skills and knowledge.

It is a one day course, which runs between 9:00am to approx. 3.30pm and is held at the Fire Station, Merlin's Hill, Haverfordwest.

The morning is classroom based and includes informal discussion, safety films and a refresher of the Highway Code. The afternoon is a practical driving session with an approved driving instructor. Lunch is provided. 

Individuals share the instructors vehicle with another candidate and cover any aspects of driving that the individual wishes to refresh, such as parallel parking or roundabouts and general safer driving techniques. There is no assessment or test and this is a voluntary course that is free of charge.

Any interested candidate needs to contact road safety on 01437 775144 or road.safety@pembrokeshire.gov.uk with their details which include: full address and contact numbers and if they require manual or automatic vehicle. 

I would be grateful if you could contact me to discuss this matter on the number above

Yours Faithfully

Kirstie Donoghue- Road Safety Officer  – Sent by :Kirstie-anne.donoghue@pembrokeshire.gov.uk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.