COURSE – Advanced Care Planning (Formally "Living Wills")

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums Health and Well-being! COURSE – Advanced Care Planning (Formally "Living Wills")

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

This might be of interest!

Dear All

I recently gave a talk to U3A members in Fishguard and it seemed to generate a lot of interest. I wondered if any of your members would be interested in learning more through a 3 day course we are starting in January?

I have attached a flyer with some details.  The course is free of charge and we would hope that people who attend would do some work in promoting ACP in whatever way suits them. 

This is our 3rd course and people who did then first 2 have gone on to do a range of different things.  Some have given talks to small community groups they are already involved with, such as Age Concern and the WI.  Others have helped a group of friends to produce their own ACPs and a couple of people are volunteering with us here at PSF to help patients write theirs.  Some people have written their own plans but not felt confident to spread the word – and this is fine too!  We appreciate that this is a sensitive issue and would not want anyone to be under any pressure.

I would be really  grateful if you could pass on the flyer and this email to anyone who might be interested

Many thanks

Sophie

Sophie Thomas
    Matron/Clinical Services Manager

sat.jpg

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.