Apology for absense from next meeting (my excuse)

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums U3A Pembrokeshire (Private Area) Apology for absense from next meeting (my excuse)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just a quick note to the group to send my apologies as I won't make it back for the January meeting.  Not really an apolgy as I don't think we would swap our blue skies here on the Italian Ligurian coast for the damp and windy Pembs weather.  Rained for one day  and couple of showers at night since mid Dec.
    The Kindle with its 3G facilty has been a boon, no need to find internet to check on email, bank etc, bit clunky but it is free (and that is a major consideration when abroad)  We  bought second one (without 3G) prior to leaving and we would be lost without them as we have not carried any books with us.  Virtualy no English spoken in this area and certainly no books available to purchase.
    GPS data logger for tracking photos etc works well in France but seems to be a bit patch here in Italy.  Will need to check coverage when back in UK.
    The new netbook is OK but so slow, but it is lightweight with good battery life, wireless facilty very good.
    For the train spotters amongst you (Welshcol) we are camped 100 yds from mainline but sadly no steamers, all electric so far!
    Should be back for Feb meeting
    Jarcadia Brian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.