Announcement for Short Walkers!

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums U3A Walkers Announcement for Short Walkers!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Information for the Short Walks Group-    from  Wendy Proctor, Group Co-ordinator

Due to the rising numbers of Short Walkers I have decided in the interest of  Health & Safety, Parking and Lunch  arrangements that we can no longer offer the opportunity for U3A members to join freely in a walk. There have been over 100 walkers during the past year which is wonderful for so many to want to keep fit but a statistical dilemma  if even more than half the number arrived!  A great many of our walkers are keen to attend several (10+) walks a year and there are many new walkers who are very keen. This group is now for regular walkers only.  I  have a Short Walks Membership List. The names on the list include the regular walkers who have attended a walk this year and the new walkers who have attended  at least 3 walks this year. If you have attended less than 3 walks this year please ring me. The list is 60 people so we still can't all turn up at once but I don't think this will happen! The ideal number for walking is less than 40 and as many eating venues could not accommodate so many there may sometimes be a limit for lunch.  Please let me know if you cannot walk for a period of time or decide against walking  as we will have a waiting list.

Please note this arrangement applies to the' Short Walks Group' only.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.