Advanced Care Planning in Pembrokeshire

Welcome to Pembrokeshire U3A Forums Health and Well-being! Advanced Care Planning in Pembrokeshire

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Think about it – Talk about it – Write it down!

EXCITING, FLEXIBLE VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITY
    Promoting Advance Care Planning in Pembrokeshire

Advance care planning (ACP) is a relatively new approach to shared decision making in health and future care.  An ACP is a document that sets out a person’s wishes and preferences for their future care.  The purpose of the document is to guide professionals who might need to make decisions on that person’s behalf at some time in the future.

We need volunteers who can help people think through their wishes and preferences, and put them into a document that will provide useful information for health and social care professionals.

We are looking for people with good communication skills and experience in holding sensitive conversations, through either paid or voluntary work.  Experience in health or social care is helpful, but not essential.

This project offers volunteers the opportunity to do interesting and challenging work that can make a real difference.  We would like volunteers to commit to at least 15- 20 hours a month.  These hours can be arranged to suit the needs of the volunteer. 

The Paul Sartori Foundation will provide full training, ongoing support and travel expenses.  The next 3 day training course will start in late February.

The training is also open to people who are already working or volunteering in a setting where ACP could be developed.

What people said about our last course:
    “Brilliant course, I feel motivated and would really like to take this forward in my own life and in my work environment”
    “An excellent stimulating and thought provoking course”

For further information contact:Luke on 07908 860061    or    acp@paulsartori.org

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.