Joyce and John led today's walk starting at the Pretoria Hall carparke we walked past the school and then through the village to the magnificent Roch Castle and the church. On the way we passed dozens of children from Roch School making their way back from their Harvest Festival Service in the Parish Church of St. Mary. Constructed between 1857-1865 on the site of a far more ancient place of worship and overlooked by the imposing Castle built in the early 13th century.
We then left the village into the tranquil valleys on the landward side of the village to complete a circular walk of about two and a half miles. After the walk 35 of the 37 walkers returned for lunch at the Pelcomb Inn.